Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Year, New Journey

Greetings from 2011! Sorry these posts are more infrequent than I would like. Things change in no time! I guess I should start with December 2010..what a month. It was like any other month until Christmas. I was hoping and praying again that THIS would be our month for our rainbow baby! I had kinda given up on December when the test came back negative on December 22nd. I had already shifted my focus to 2011 and what the new year could bring.
   On Christmas Eve morning, I awoke feeling horrible. I was sick and couldnt get to my doctor, so I was searching for an urgent care. Josiah was sick as well. I thought maybe I'd test ONE MORE TIME, seeing as how AF was due that day. I was getting ready to go buy some serious cold meds and totally NOT be sick on Christmas Day! OR SO I THOUGHT! I took the test @ 3am when I awoke to help Jeremiah who had woken up crying. I got a FAINT second line! I was totally taken aback! I thought maybe b/c I was sick my eyes were playing tricks on me! I actually woke up Todd to ask him to read the test for me! He said there was a faint second line, and after 5 mins he went back to sleep! He said he had had a feeling about December.
   After going to urgent care and telling the doctor I was newly pregnant, I found out that Josiah and I both had strep throat! What a way to spend Christmas. After a few days of antibiotic and Tylenol, I felt better.
   Then there was Christmas Day...which went well...other than me being dog tired and feeling so bad I slept for an hour after breakfast! I didnt have THAT many symptoms until the week of New Years...which we spent @ Nana's house with Gidget, Robert, and Kaleigh. Todd of course had told them that weekend. We had told my mom the weekend of Christmas just b/c she was GOING to see me @ church every week and She would know before long anyway!
   My first OB visit came on January 12th..with Dr. Flanagan. I went in 2 days prior to my scheduled visit due to spotting I had after straining(constipation is the new word of the week). I had to take the boys with me..NOT my idea of a good visit. But the visit itself went fine. She did a confirmation ultrasound to take a quick peek at the baby and make sure she was there! I was SO surprised when she did the exam and was able to SEE and HEAR the baby's heartbeat!!!! I cried on the table! I could feel my face getting flushed as she measured the heartrate! She was very encouraging and told me about the drastically decreased risk of miscarriage after seeing the heartbeat, etc. When she left for me to redress, I sat in the chair and felt awash of relief and joy, mixed with the most sincere gratitude. I prayed to thank GOD right then and there in that chair.
  I kept my original Jan. 14th appt.and saw Dr. Mong...who gave me an EDD if September 1st. I saw August 31st! But its a difference of 1 day!(oh, the baby was measuring 6w 1d which is in the normal realm when we did the ultrasound on Wednesday prior).
   These last few months have been FAR from easy!!! There are days when DOUBT tries to rear its ugly head! I have taken dry erase markers and written scripture on the bathroom mirrors so that I HAVE to see the WORD everyday! Its God's promises for the baby in Psalms 139:13-14 and I Samuel 1:27-28!!!! I was able to share our testimony 2 Sundays ago in front of the congregation at River of Life...the very place where Dempsey prayed those faithful words one Sunday in November! I thought I'd have trouble sharing..but this baby is such an absolute ANSWER to prayer that I couldnt help but SHARE!!!! I thank GOD for her each time I see my belly growing! I know that I need to be patient, but WHO can when GOD has seen to bless us with such a miracle????
    I feel compelled to share one thing that has truly touched me during this who TTC journey. Back in December...there was one day at Chili's when we were eating dinner and Jeremiah asked me TWICE, "Mommy, you got a baby in your belly?" I told him then I didnt know. But I think he did. He's also told me at times, "Mommy, the baby's ok." He kisses my belly everyday and talks to the baby. The other day he was whispering on my lap and when I asked what he was doing, he said, "talking to the baby". He has asked all kinds of questions from how the baby eats to today when he told me the baby is sleeping in your tummy.
   Josiah has taken a small interest...he kisses my belly and says I Love You to the baby...but not as much as Jeremiah has.
   Today I'm hoping to kick this virus that has me whispering! Bad sore throat day! My next OB visit is on February 21st, but I probably wont get another ultrasound then. :( I'll have to wait until 16 or 20 weeks I guess. Here's hoping summer comes SOON! Thanks Daddy(Jesus) again for entrusting me with beautiful children and one more to add to my fold. I can never say enough to express my love and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment